* Being Latino, one of the fastest growing and most engaging, social media destinations for bi-lingual/bi-cultural Latinos in the U.S. would like to share a link for their hilarious take on the most annoying things people do on Facebook: ” Poetry in Motion: Nuyorican (Via Advocate of Wordz).”
Their YouTube venture, “Sh*t Latinos Don’t Say,” generated over 73,000 hits and featured in numerous major news websites such as CNN.com, The Huffington Post, Fox News Latino, among a few others.* Latin Horror, in association with NEWFILMMAKERS & NEW YORK DARK SIDE HORROR GROUP, cordially invite you to the NewLatino Filmmakers Screening Series at Anthology Film Archives – “The HORRORphiles #9 – CINCO de MIEDO.” Come out and join us in celebrating the work of emerging Latino/a directors working within the genre of horror. For more information:
* If you cannot wait until November for the HD Fest in NY, and you happen to be in Portland, check this out: HDFEST returns to Portland May 15th-17th for three nights of screenings of independent films. The film festival will showcase over 40 projects in HD resolution including features, documentaries, shorts, music videos and animations. Screening sequences include “HD International Short Films,” “Romantic Relationships and Intrigue” and “High-Definition Gay Films.” Indie filmmakers will be in town to discuss their work in Q&A sessions after the screenings. Visit http://www.hdfest.com/hdfestevents.html for details.
* HollyHood Productions, Inc. hosts a year-long showcase of short films at the legendary Nuyorican Poet’s Cafe on the Lower East Side. It is a great place for the filmmaker, actor, and film lover to meet and connect. NY Short Buzz on Thursday, May 3rd from 7-9pm
* A well-written film script is an instrument through which you can create emotion and epiphany at will. That is one reason why it is possibly the most critical aspect of the filmmaking procedure. Adrian Manzano leads a NY Latino writers group that meets every other Sunday in Brooklyn. The group focuses on narrative writing. For details contact Adrian directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Writer/Producer/Actress Paula Román invites you to visit the facebook page of her
last shortfilm BLACKOUT,
Paula Roman is working on the feature version of BLACKOUT, project
that has been selected at the Latino Media Market 2012
* Producer/Writer Marisol Carrere wants to share with you this great news in regards to her short-film “I Am Julia” winning the 2012 Mexico International Film Festival Golden Palm Award (Established in 2009). http://www.mexicofilmfestival.com/General_Info.aspx., http://www.imdb.com/event/ev0001597/overview
Next screening for “I Am Julia” will be at Anthology Film Archives
32 Second Ave & 2nd St. NYC, 10003, Tuesday, May 08, 2012
at 6:00 PM Early Short Program, http://www.newfilmmakers.com/
* Bernardo Ruiz’s documentary, Reportero, which follows a veteran reporter and his colleagues at an embattled Mexican weekly during a wave of unprecedented violence against journalists in Mexico, premiered in the U.S. On April as part of the 2012 Full Frame Documentary Festival. The film airs on POV, as part of their 25th anniversary season, later this year.
* The Brooklyn Short Film Festival creates a showcase specific to short filmmakers looking for exposure and professional growth in the New York film industry.
Shifting the focus from feature films to short films, in an engaging and networking friendly atmosphere in trendsetting Brooklyn, the Brooklyn Short Film Festival is the first Brooklyn based festival specifically focused on Short Films.
Extended deadline for submission is May 7th
* SnagFilms, an innovative leader in digital distribution for independent films, is committed to finding the world’s most compelling movies, whether from established heavyweights or first-time filmmakers. SnagFilms partners with filmmakers seeking online distribution, with the goal of distributing their films across the digital space as far and as wide as possible, including by free and paid video-on-demand and by emerging platforms (such as iPad, Roku, Boxee, DirectTV, Microsoft XBox, Samsung’s Media Hub and more).
For submissions http://www.snagfilms.com/films/submissions
* The Golden Door International Film Festival of Jersey City is a premiere event that was inspired by artists for artists. It is, most importantly, a forum where distinguished as well as up and coming filmmakers will have the opportunity to present their current works side by side in a prestigious and respected event.
For submissions http://www.goldendoorfilmfestival.org/
* SohoFilmFest celebrates the cutting-edge of digital technology while honoring traditional forms of storytelling, encourages new and seasoned filmmakers from here in New York City and around the world to create and send in their fresh and innovative cinematic pieces. Accepting full-length features, short films and documentaries from professionals and amateurs alike, SohoFilmFest will hold screenings, panels and host social events and other networking opportunities for everyone involved. Leading figures from all disciplines of the film industry including distributors and media will be in attendance.
For submissions http://www.sohofilmfest.com/Submissions_Page_T1JM.html
* Tropfest is inviting filmmakers of all backgrounds and levels of experience to get out there and start making short films for submission and a chance to win $20,000!
This is your chance to have your talent recognized in front of a live audience of thousands. An industry and celebrity panel will judge the Finalists live, in front of thousands of independent film-lovers, under the stars at Bryant Park. Our US official Ambassadors include:Hugh Jackman, Liev Schreiber, Russell Crowe, Nicole Kidman, Geoffrey Rush, Anthony LaPaglia and Charles Randolph. Just a few minutes after the last film screens, our panel will announce one overall winner as well as present awards for Best Actor and Best Actress. For more information please visit the Tropfest NY website at: www.tropfest.com/NY or email: email@example.com
* Zero Film Festival of New York is the first and only festival EXCLUSIVE to self financed filmmakers and the authentically independent films they create.
ZFF is an independent not-for-profit organization firmly committed to supporting under-represented filmmakers and screening the world’s best self-financed films for cinema lovers everywhere. ZFF focuses on community, inclusivity, innovation and good times on planet Earth.
For submissions http://www.zerofilmfest.com/
THESE EVENTS ARE HAPPENING OVERSEAS:
* British Academy of Film & Television Arts (BAFTA) State of Independents Seminar
May 16, 2012
Joseph Chianese and John Hadity will be participating in a panel entitled, “States of Independents: How Can Changes in the US Finance and Distribution Landscape Increase Prospects for UK Films?” The event will take place from 5:00 – 6:30pm at the BAFTA office at 195 Piccadilly in London. The session will be chaired by Isabel Davis, Senior Executive for the British Film Institute’s Film Fund. For more information, visit the BAFTA website.
* Winston Baker Film Finance Forum
May 18, 2012
EP is a sponsor of Winston Baker’s International Film Finance Forum, taking place in Cannes, France, at the Hotel Majestic Barriere. Joseph Chianese will moderate the “International Co-Production: Finding Access to Partners and Utilizing Incentives Abroad” panel from 3:30 – 4:30pm. Register for the forum here.
* Cannes Film Festival – UK Film Centre
May 19 – 22, 2012
Entertainment Partners, in association with our affiliates Sargent-Disc Ltd, is a sponsor of the UK Film Centre 2012 – a hub for connecting the UK and international film industries. Stop by Pavilion No. 118 to meet with our team! Below are some of the events we’ll be participating in throughout the festival:
- International Film Financing Strategies Seminar: Saturday, May 19, 2:30pm, UK Film Centre
- One to One Surgeries:
- UK & Worldwide Payroll Services for use on motion picture, TV, and commercial productions:
- Accounting Systems, Budgeting & Scheduling: Producer’s tools to film production & financing
- Filming in North American, and accessing & monetizing production incentives
- Filming in the UK, Europe and Around the World, and accessing & monetizing production incentives
* 411 Publishing Webinar: Monetizing Your Production Incentives and other International Film Financing Strategies
Week of May 21, 2012
Joseph Chianese and John Hadity will co-moderate a panel live from the UK Film Centre at Cannes.
Stay tuned for more details!
Comments are closed.